Electronic Cultural Atlas Initiative, University
of California, Berkeley.
Cultures in Taiwan:
Studies Supported by the Berkeley Shung Ye Fund
The University of California, Berkeley benefits from having
a Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigines Endowment Fund. This fund came to the
University through the generosity of the N.W. Lin Foundation for Culture and
The UC Berkeley Shung Ye Museum of Formosan Aborigines Endowment Fund awarded
grants to support the work of David S. Blundell, Visiting Scholar, Electronic
Cultural Atlas Initiative (ECAI) and ECAI Austronesia Team Editor; Michael
K. Buckland, Emeritus Professor of Information School and Co-Director
of ECAI; and Jeanette Zerneke, ECAI Technical Director.
The work supported by these grants have enabled the ECAI Austronesian
Team to do significantly more than would otherwise have been possible.
- Austronesian Electronic Atlas Initiative Linguistic Mapping, $16,000, 2000-01.
- Mapping Formosan Austronesian Languages, $11,500, 2001-02.
- The Distribution of Aboriginal Languages from Taiwan to the Philippines:
Digital Continuous Mapping of the Batanic Languages, $17,000, 2003-04.
- Orchid Island and the Batanes: A Cultural Atlas of Languages and Cultures,
- Orchid Island (Lan-yu) and the Batanes: A Cultural Atlas of Languages and Cultures. $30,000. 2007-2008.
- Orchid Island (Lan-yu) and the Batanes: A Cultural Atlas of Languages and Cultures Phase III. $10,000. 2009-2010.
See Web sites: